This project is a bit different. I am unsure of my guest numbers. We are 11 months out. Because of this, the list of diners is unclear. Numbers I know or speculate so far:
- 5 people (locals that include my head cooks)
- 2 people (members of our household from out of town – most likely will be there)
- 3 people (members of our household from international locations)
- 5+ people (who would like to come and are looking at costs)
I know some of the food allergies.
I will be serving 2 mains/2 sides/1 starch/1 dessert per night. 150-200g of meat per person per night. I will also investigate a vegan main for each meal (just in case).
I will be redacting 3 mains/3 sides/ 1 starch/1 dessert per night to help with selecting dishes that will meet the allergy needs of my party.
I will trying to precook as many dishes as possible. We have a member of our camping group who goes home each day to feed the household fur people. He picks up our frozen food and additional needs when he does his runs.
Of high importance to our household:
- Food that is tasty, nutritious, and documented.
- Very low or no food waste.
- Limited packaging (we use reusables that can be taken home rather than put in the bin whenever possible).
- Food that is deliverable by beginner cooks under the direction of a more advanced cook.
So, with these ground rules in place, I go into the next part of my research, redaction work.
Until next time, enjoy the good things in your life.